Skincare Masks - Go To

by - March 02, 2017



I thought I would share with you three of my favourite high street skincare masks, that I believe truly help your skin. These are my go to masks since I can remember, I know the Garnier Moisture Bomb is kind of a newer product but it has fast become a favourite of mine and I'm going to tell you why.

Garnier Moisture Bomb 

This is the 'Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask' I first bought this from Boots when the products range first came out. I was intrigued by not only the packaging, what it claims to do on the packet but also that it was a tissue mask. Now I have never before used a tissue mask, I always used the gel peel off masks. 

What the mask claims to do:

Super Hydrating Revitalising Mask - Intensely rehydrates skin. Reduces the look of fine lines. Revives Radiance. One mask = one week of hydrating serum. Takes 15 minutes. Suitable for sensitive skin.

What the mask actually does:

This mask is amazing! It does exactly what it says on the front of the packet. I couldn't fault it at all. Once the mask is out of the packet, you have separate the blue from the white and then apply the white to your face. The extra thin tissue that has super hydrating serum concentrated with pomegranate extract and hyaluronic acid acts with your skin to give you a smoother, plumper, healthier looking face with in 15 minutes. The mask once applied gets to work almost straight away, when in contact with the skin. Within the week of using it, my fine lines appeared smaller, skin looked plump, radiant and my skin felt so much healthier and hydrated.

Whats in the mask:

Aqua/water, propylene glycol, glycerin, alcohol, p-anisic acid, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, hamamelis virginiana leaf water/ witch hazel, leaf water, hydroxyethylcellulose, limonene, mannose, methylparaben, peg-40 hydrognared castor oil, phenoxyethanol, potassium hydroxide, potassium sobrate,propylparaben, punica granatum fruit extract, pvm/ma copolymer, sodium benzoate,sodium hyaluronic, sorbic acid, sorbitol, xanthan gum parfum/fragrance.

There is a reason I keep coming back to buy this product, it bloody works. For 99p from BootsUK, you most definitely cant go wrong.


BootsUK Tea Tree Witch Hazel Peel Off Mask

I first bought this product back in school, I wanted to start and use different products and find out what suited my skin. I had just started to wear makeup and I wasn't sure what was the best way to remove blackheads and potentially clear my skin. I walked into boots and there it was. I have constantly bought this product since then and I don't think I could turn back time and go with something else, if I had the chance. I'd stick with what I know and works for my skin.

What the product claims to do:

Peel Off Face Mask. Deep cleans and tightens pores and helps remove blackheads. Apply a 1mm think layer evenly on your face and leave to dry for 10-15 minutes. 

What the product actually does:

Again this product works, I use this mask once I have come home from an extremely busy day. If I have a bath, this is the product I put on my face. Its like a holy grail for bath time, that and charcoal masks. But Ill talk about that another time. This product once peeled off literally pulls the dirt and removes blackheads like I've never seen, its like a magic trick. My skin instantly feels clear and clean, if you don't apply it properly, it could hurt once peeled off. That's why you only apply a thin layer and if not all the product is removed just wash your face with warm water. I would 100% buy this over and over. Its a product I tell many people to purchase. 

Whats in the mask:

Aqua, polyvinyl alcohol, butylene glycol, pvp, peg-90, polysorbate 20, ppg-5-ceteth-20, alcohol, hamamelis virginiana - witch hazel distillate, carbomer, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, melaleuca alternifiolia - tea tree, leaf oil, allantoin, sodium benzoate, parfum - fragrance, potassium hydroxide, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, alpha-isomethyl ionone, linslool, cl61570 

Holy Grail of a mask. 


Montagne Jeunesse Argan Oil Mud Mask

This mask hasn't always been a favourite, to be honest I never used to like the sound of Argan Oil. Until I was introduced to it for my hair, I use the Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner and I love it. I then was buying other face masks at the time I came across this, I thought if it works for my hair I guess the face mask works. So I bought it and never looked back.

What it claims to do:

Deeply Cleanses & Balances Skin. For Combination and Oily Skin. 

What it actually does:

Once applied evenly to your skin just relax 10-15 minutes with it on and you will soon see that the mask is starting to sink into your skin and you feel relaxed at the same time. It even says on the packet 'Cleanse, Apply, Relax, Rinse and Feel Peachy' You've got to do what it says, haven't you?
Once you have washed off the product, your skin instantly feels deeply cleansed, the argan oil sinks into your skin, giving you that fresh feeling. You just feel awake, This is the type of product where I would use it if I was working from home and needed a pick me up. 

Whats in the product :

Key Ingredients: Juiced Acai Berries, Pressed Argan Kenels, Squeezed Rosehip. 

With this product your skin doesn't feel heavy or itchy like some mud masks can leave you feeling. It's definitely a product I would use over and over.


If you want to know anything else about the above products or any other, please comment below and I will try to answer best I can.

Rebecca

You May Also Like

0 comments