NIGHT TIME CAREER CHAT

by - March 13, 2017

You know when your working a lot and all of a sudden you feel stuck? Like you are stuck in the same routine? Stuck in the same job? Anything like that! Well that's what I felt like recently. I felt like I was stuck in the same routine, with the same job. I have dreams and goals I want to reach but I feel like I wasn't trying to achieve them because I was stuck and didn't know how to move forward.

Well I came out of that ' stuck ' feeling and became so much more positive. Which gave me back the confidence to be me and reach for my goals again. I just needed the motivation.

I was scrolling through Instagram one day and looking at all the people I inspired to be like when I was growing up. It was mainly fashion designers and makeup artists. Oh and Darcy Bussell ( Yes I loved ballet and dreamed of being a prima ballerina ) I follow all of my favourites on there. They inspire me to be the person I want to be and have the career I want to have.
As I continued to scroll through Instagram my eye was drawn to a lot of quotes' Go get what you dream of ' has been a quote that has stuck with me ever since I saw it.

GO GET WHAT YOU DREAM OF

After seeing this quote, I immediately sat down at my laptop with  notebook and pen. I began to write my goals down, everything I wanted to do, places I want to visit and even people I want to meet. Yes meeting Darcy Bussell or Pat McGrath and Lisa Eldridge. Yep I would possibly sit on the floor and cry for ages, probably in front of them and they would think I'm a crazy person.

Writing down my goals and dreams brought me back to the first time I wrote a story about Darcy Bussell, well it was more like a biography about her and I drew pictures of ballerinas. At the end of the book though, I wrote 'Her dreams came true and so will mine'. I forgot about the book, my story telling, my drawing skills and that quote until I felt stuck with where everything was headed.

I decided to take a leap of faith in my first year of college and quit to go and study fashion. I was studying drama and art but I wanted to do the thing I felt most connected to. I would spend hours choosing outfits of what I liked and wanted to put together, so why not showcase that. I also like to fashion design and draw my own clothes. So I learnt how to channel that into giving me a grade distinction from a Fashion and Clothing course.

From then I went on to study makeup, I wanted to know the whole backstage of fashion, makeup, hair etc.. Doing jobs in the industry has been perfect, something I have always loved but I felt stuck because I wanted to do something more but I didn't know what.

Now I do:

YouTube and my blog. I have decided to go one step further with both and create my brand around them. I want to teach makeup and fashion, I also want to continue being a makeup artist and showing my love for fashion. So why not advise people, teach people and help people be who they want to be.

I am hoping one day that my channel and blog can help people, even if its advice on what top to wear or how to create a foundation base of makeup that doesn't crease.  If it can grow and grow, I feel that what I originally set out to do would be accomplished. Which would make me happy.

For now though I am heading to bed on a high note.

Sleep tight

Rebecca

You May Also Like

0 comments